BigBrother Naija#DoubleWahala is finally over. This show was a nationwide sensation, with unities being formed on one side and for others an avenue to breed hate. To most individuals it was a form of entertainment, to a few it was an avenue for their fav to make some #schmoney.
Although I joined the bandwagon late; I didn't start watching big brother until week 9 or 10, Every eviction was a room for me to learn a new life lesson, so in no particular order what I gained from big brother are,
1. The world is a stage: all the housemates from different backgrounds were put on the hot seat with nationwide focus on them. Today some of them even though they were evicted were able to sell themselves within the shortest possible time. No one will sell yourself for you, you determine the kind of brand you want to be and the whole world is waiting and watching for what you choose to show them.
2. Never underestimate anyone: i remember people used to call Nina all sorts, looked down on her, bullied her but shockingly Nina made it to the finals. Most of the housemates who looked down on her watched from the sidelines. The worst thing you can do to yourself in life is underestimate your competition or anyone for that matter.
3. Believe in Yourself: Nina grew the most in the big brother house. From a naive shy girl who couldn't express herself to a young woman who learnt how to speak up for herself. Although she couldn't believe she made it to the finals, the lesson still remains, ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
4. Stay focused : Life will always throw distractions, events , occurrences to throw you off balance, it is extremely important to keep your eyes on the prize. A lot of housemates got distracted by emotions, tension, strikes, fights even to the point of disqualification. Never allow what life throws at you to shift your focus from where you want to be.
5. Choose your Partner wisely: Some may say it is just a game, but to the #CEEBI fans, we all could see the effect of a toxic relationship. Both parties had their parts to play but it makes it clear that if you don't choose your life partner wisely, that person can make or mar your future. To a large extent, all the drama affected both parties, threw them off balance, made them lose focus, lose some fans, tainted their brand.
6. When life gives you lemons..... : I can never forget the day Tobi was insulted for close to an hour. This incident is enough to teach us many lessons:
a. Never lose your calm: tobi held back so much emotion, so much anger. He knew that his reaction will determine the rest of his journey. Whatever life throws at you always keep your calm.
b. Think before you act: I genuinely doubt Cee-Cee did this. Usually when we are faced with a challenge in life we switch to panic mode and start taking action before remembering to think before acting. Anyone who doesn't remember this is setting themselves up for a lot of mistakes.
c. You don't always have to push back, learn to read between the lines: at a point it was obvious Tobi decided to keep quiet and let Cee-Cee show herself, even when she wanted to stop, he will make a statement that will make her flare up and damage herself a lot more.
d. Look for the Silver Lining: Tobi turned the situation to his advantage. At the end of the incident everyone was saying Tobi has character, Tobi is a man, he gained more fans because of this. Would this have been the case if he reacted? Definitely not. Learn how to turn situation to your favor.
7. No one can stop you if it's not your time: cee-c was up for eviction 7 times, at the end of the day she made it not just to the finals but to the top two. People can try their best to bring you down but if it's not your time to leave, there is nothing anyone can do about it,
As an Alex fan I sat down and asked myself how she got to the finals. She wasn't such a strong contender but the lines fell into pleasant places for her. If she didn't win head of house a week to the finals we might have had to kiss her goodbye a lot earlier.
8. Position does not equate to value: This! Efe was first place last year, Bisola makes more strides in the society today. Although Cee-Cee came second, she didn't go home with any prize money. Tobi and Alex won prizes although they finished after her.
9. Nothing is as important as a good name/brand: My dad says this a lot. Now the game is over so what's next? Endorsements, opportunities, brand ambassadors, etc. certain housemates had themselves sidelined due to the behaviors they portrayed. For some the damage has been done and we all cross our fingers and wait for what is going to happen next, while for others are confused on what offers to take. The importance of a good name/brand cannot be quantified.
10. What is in your hand? Every housemate in that house has been given a platform, an avenue to sell themselves. Some have used it positively, e.g koko's fashion house, bam bam's essential oils, etc.
11. Spirit of Sportsmanship: Miracle won and all the housemates ran to congratulate him except one person. Yes! It's normal to be disappointed but it is important to have the spirit of sportsmanship. It shows your character.
12. You don't need everyone to get to the next level: the hate Cee-C got was unbelievable. Someone will believe that after all that hate she will be evicted immediately. However, time and time again she survived every eviction. You don't need everyone to like you to get to the next level.
13. Never burn bridges: Certain people were able to create friendships, create long lasting relationships, tolerate each other for the time in the house while some left with burnt bridges. No one in the house who burnt a bridge was better off for it.
The Game is over! The curtains are drawn. How did BBNaija #DoubleWahala change your life?
5 thoughts on “How BBNaija #DoubleWahala changed my life”
Lovely piece Tosin! Character is everything, even money can't quantify it.
Nice one Tosin I think Cee-Cee is getting a lot of endorsements from so many companies more than other house mates. Despite all the weakness she exhibited in the House. People used to say connection can take you any where but only a good character n attitude can keep you there. I think the proverb is not sane for Cee-Cee.
I needed to create you one little remark to be able to say thanks a lot the moment again relating to the extraordinary principles you’ve featured at this time. It is quite extremely open-handed of people like you to grant openly exactly what a number of us could have sold as an e-book to end up making some profit on their own, and in particular seeing that you could possibly have done it if you ever desired. These guidelines in addition acted to provide a good way to fully grasp most people have similar dream similar to my very own to know the truth significantly more pertaining to this matter. I’m sure there are numerous more pleasant situations up front for those who find out your site.